As the school term draws to a close, parents often find themselves wondering how to keep their children engaged and entertained during the holidays. Amidst the flurry of activity planning, it is essential to remember that it is not the destinations or activities but the quality time, undivided attention and memories you have with your little ones.
To help you create lasting memories with your child, here is a list of fun and engaging activities that will keep them “edutained” throughout June.
1. ELFA Holiday Programmes
Enhance your child’s holiday with our comprehensive Holiday Programmes, offering a range of packages from hands-on scientific exploration to physical activities. We also provide immersive outdoor experiences that foster an appreciation for the environment and diversity. If your child prefers the indoors, we have a variety of challenges that seamlessly combine fun, creativity, and learning. Make this holiday an unforgettable learning expedition for your child! Contact our ELFA preschool principal to find out more.
Image Credit: ELFA Preschool @ Hougang
2. Experience Wildlife Wonders
A visit to the newly opened Singapore’s Bird Paradise and Mandai Wildlife West offers a fantastic opportunity for families to explore the beauty of nature while having a great time. The Bird Paradise, which opens on 8 May 2023, allows visitors to walk through the park and witness the enchanting world of birds as they settle into their new home.
Image credit: Mandai Wildlife Group
3. Encourage Reading Stimulate your child’s imagination and literacy skills this holiday by engaging them with the newly launched 5Es Picture Book Series by the Singapore Centre for Chinese Language (SCCL). This series offers an excellent opportunity for them to continue cultivating their reading habits while tapping on their creativity and imagination. Allocate a few minutes each day for your child to delve into these captivating picture books, which serve both as an educational tool and a relaxation method. You can also exemplify the love for reading by indulging in your own favourite books! Discover more picture books from SCCL here!
Image Credit : Singapore Centre for Chinese Language
4. Getting Creative: Eco-Friendly Arts and Crafts Unleash your child’s creativity with a fun and eco-friendly arts and crafts activity: toilet roll stamping! This simple project allows your little ones to experiment with different patterns and colours while repurposing an everyday household item. Check out the stepshere!
Image Credit: My Kid Craft
5. i Light Singapore : Discovering the Impact of Nature Explore the annuali-Light Festival with the featured “Turning the Tide” program. This underwater journey highlights our impact on nature, inspiring both children and adults to reflect and embrace positive changes. Let us do our part for sustainable living!
Image Credit: iLight Singapore
6. Ignite Curiosity : The Science of DIY Lava Lamps Add excitement to your child’s day with a colourful DIY lava lamp experiment. Using only a few household items, such as an empty water bottle, water, vegetable oil, and food colouring, your children will be mesmerised by the vibrant, floating globules while gaining a deeper understanding of the science behind it. Check out this step-by-step guide to learn more!
Image Credit: Whimsical Life
7. Experience family friendly fishing activities at Qian Hu Fish Farm Visit Qian Hu Fish Farm for a fun-filled, budget-friendly family outing. With free entry and affordable kid-friendly activities like longkang fishing, farm tour, fish spa, feeding terrapins and koi, and exploring over 1,000 species of fish in their aquarium, there is something for everyone. Check out this page for more information.
Image credit: @hashbaf via Instagram
8. FunFam Sportfest 2023
Looking for an active way to bond with your family? FunFam SportFest is back with exciting parent-child sporting activities, including Learn-to-Play Athletics, Canoe, Tennis, Volleyball, and more. The festival also offers a variety of sport try outs for your little ones to discover their interests. Best of all, it is free and open to all ages.
Image Credit: Singapore Sports Hub
9 Movie Marathon : Enjoy Family Time Indoors With countless movie options available on streaming services like Netflix and Disney+, there is something for everyone. From Shrek and Moana to My Neighbour Totoro and Ponyo, the options are endless. This is a great way to spend quality time with your children while staying indoors. Check out these recommendations for the best PG and G-rated movies suitable for pre-schoolers.
10. Exploring Cultural Wonders
Immerse your child in a captivating cultural journey as you visit Singapore’s renowned Asian Civilisation Museum and Peranakan Museum. These institutions offer more than artefacts – they bring history to life through interactive exhibits and captivating storytelling. Unveil the traditions, lifestyles, and values that have shaped Singapore’s multicultural society as your child explore these portals to the ancient worlds of Asian and Peranakan cultures.