Below are five simple steps on tea appreciation to try at home!
1.Introduce the name and function of tea set
The Chinese tea set used at ELFA Preschool includes the Fair Cup (for pouring the tea into tea cups), tea cups, tea tureen (for making the tea) and a tea tray.
2. Warm the cup and make the tea
Brew the tea leaves for about 5 minutes
3. Appreciating the aroma and taste of the tea
4. Pour the tea and invite guests to drink together
5. When holding the tea cup:
- For the gentlemen – Hold the tea cup with both hands, pressing the thumb at the back of the tea cup with the remaining four fingers on the front
- For the ladies – On the right hand, hold the edge of the cup with your index finger and thumb. On the left hand, place your middle finger on the bottom of cup, drag the bottom of the cup, and gently lift the ring finger and little finger